To our Thorncroft Family,
Words couldn’t properly describe the sense of gratitude we feel for your unbridled kindness and generosity over the past few months during this unprecedented time. The challenges presented by the temporary closing of the Farm due to the Covid-19 pandemic have sent waves through our community, yet your unwavering support has given us the strength to focus on the promise of a strong return to the delivery of our mission.
It is with great joy that we announce the commencement of a phased opening plan for our lesson program with the first phase beginning on July 1, 2020 and the second phase beginning July 15, 2020. We have thought in great detail as to how we can best deliver our teachings to our riders in a fun, familiar, and safe way. Out of love and concern for the health and safety of our students and staff, we must facilitate the following:
- In our initial First and Second Reopening Phases, we plan to introduce a limited ridership. This means that the Farm must select a small group of riders that ride independently and do not require close person-to-person contact. These groups must be able to mount, ride, and dismount with little or no assistance from their instructor. We have identified all riders that fit these criteria and have selected, at random, those that will initially resume lessons during these first and second phases.
- All staff and riders must adhere to the health and safety guidelines as outlined in Thorncroft’s Reopening Policies and Procedures.
- During these first and second phases, we have chosen to limit the number of individuals on the Farm at one time. Therefore, we will welcome back our beloved volunteers and visitors at a later phase. While we miss all of you terribly, we know this is for the best to keep our community safe.
Riders and their families eligible for the first and second phases have been contacted. We will contact riders eligible for additional phases three weeks prior to their start date when we determine this to be feasible and safe for our community. If you have not yet received a call, please know we have not forgotten about you! We truly appreciate your patience and cannot wait to see you soon.
Thank you for your commitment to the Farm and for your generous flexibility as we determine the safest and best way to welcome back our beloved community to Thorncroft.
Your Thorncroft Family
Phased Reopening F.A.Q.s
1) When will riders be able to return to Thorncroft?
Beginning on July 1, 2020, Thorncroft will welcome back a limited ridership to return for riding lessons. On July 15, 2020, we will welcome back a second limited ridership for the second phase of our reopening.
2) How many riders will be able to return during the first and second phases?
The Farm will select a small group of riders that ride independently and do not require close person-to-person contact.
3) What are the qualifications for these riders during the initial opening phase?
These groups must be able to mount, ride, and dismount with little or no assistance from their instructor.
4) Have you selected the riders to return for the first and second reopening phases?
Yes. We have identified all the riders that fit the rider criteria and have selected, at random, those that will initially resume lessons during the first and second reopening phases.
5) I was not contacted to return in either the first or second reopening phases. When will I get to return to Thorncroft?
We will contact riders eligible for additional phases three weeks prior to their start date when we determine this to be feasible and safe for our community. If you have not received a call, please know we have not forgotten about you! We truly appreciate your patience and cannot wait to see you soon.
6) Why wasn't I selected to return in the initial reopening phases? Can't you bring in more riders?
During normal operations, Thorncroft provides services to over 300 riders a week. With our commitment to adhering to the strictest of health and safety standards during this pandemic, along with following the CDC and state-regulated guidelines, we are not yet able to feasibly welcome our entire rider population back to Thorncroft.
7) Will my time and day be the same when I return?
Thorncroft will make every attempt to keep riders on the same day, time, and with the same instructor. However, due to the necessity of allowing for proper distancing for safety, it may be necessary to make some changes to the schedule.
8) Will volunteers be able to return?
We are not yet able to welcome back volunteers. Please stay tuned for updates as to when we will be able to welcome back our irreplaceable volunteers.
9) May I visit the Farm?
To ensure the safety of our riders, staff, and horses, we are unable to welcome visitors during the first and second reopening phases.
10) Who is taking care of the horses?
Our amazing barn manager, several instructors, and office staff are busy making sure your horses are ready for your return!
11) I miss the Farm! How can I stay in touch?
We miss you too! Please make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@thorncroftec) for lots of photos and updates.
Want to know how a particular horse is doing? Please reach out to us! We'd love to share a photo or video with you.